Welcome to the Adventure Quilt … a Road Trip Quilt Quilt Along!
Wow. That is a mouthful.
The Adventure Quilt … a Road Trip Quilt is a collaboration between myself and Tammy Silvers, the creative genius behind Tamarinis. Click here if you want to check out her blog and website.
We created a very cool block of the week quilt and are planning to share it with you! The actual quilt along will last for 12 weeks starting January 29th.
We are so excited to go on this journey with you. It’s almost time to get started- but not yet. This week we are posting just some basic information about the quilt along.
Adventure Quilt Quilt Along Schedule:
Today we are sharing the schedule of of our posts.
That way you can see what we are planning each week for the quilt along and when the quilt along will end. We also have a PDF download of the schedule for you if you want to save a copy.
Click here for the PDF.
Wednesday January 16, 2019 Quilt Reveal, Fabric Requirements & IG Giveaway
Wednesday January 23, 2019 Story Installment 1 & IG Giveaway Winner Announced
Tuesday January 29, 2019 Block One – Home
Wednesday February 6, 2019 Block Two – Milemarker
Wednesday February 13, 2019 Block Three – Blooms
Wednesday February 20, 2019 Block Four – Great Divide
Wednesday February 27, 2019 Block Five – Traveler
Wednesday March 6, 2019 Block Six – Roundabout
Wednesday March 13, 2019 Block Seven – Ocean Waves
Wednesday March 20, 2019 Block Eight – Road Less Traveled
Wednesday March 27, 2019 Block Nine – Navigation
Wednesday April 3, 2019 Block Ten – Into the Woods
Wednesday April 10, 2019 Block Eleven – Open Spaces
Wednesday April 17, 2019 Block Twelve – Final Frontier
Wednesday May 15, 2019 Last Day to Purchase Individual Block Patterns
Adventure Quilt Quilt Along Project Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
We are sure you have questions about how the Quilt Along will work. So we have put together some answers to FAQS for you here.
We also have a download of these FAQs for you. Click here for the PDF.
1. The Quilt Along is for 12 weeks. There are 10 blocks, one a week for 10 weeks. Week 11 will be filler blocks and the last week is the setting pieces and putting the quilt together.
2. Every week, a link for the block of the week will be posted either on my blog or on Tammy’s blog. The block is FREE to download for 1 week. After midnight on the following Tuesday (after the block posts), the block will no longer be free. No Exceptions!
I get it, sometimes you get busy and you forget, or you are traveling or the dog ate your homework… Ok, well that one is actually true in my case! But we can’t make exceptions. It is just not fair to the rest of the quilters.
3. After their “free” week, the blocks will be available for download on both my website and Tammy’s website for only $3.00. NOTE: If you don’t live in the US, keep in mind, that we don’t sell off our websites to other countries so be sure you get that block while you can download it for free!
4. The last day to buy any of the blocks as single downloadable pattern is Wednesday May 15th. After that date, the blocks will only be available as part of the entire paper quilt pattern. The paper pattern will be available for $36.00. Then entire paper pattern is available at the start of the quilt along to purchase for $36.00.
5. Each week on Wednesday, one of us will do a blog post about the block and have a link to the PDF so you can download the block instructions. On the following Saturday, one of us will be doing a Facebook Live video giving some tips and tricks or just talking about the block. We will let you know each week in the blog post where to go to find those videos!
6. We are thrilled to have folks join our Adventure Quilt – A Road Trip Quilt Along. Please recognize that this is intended as an individual activity, and patterns are provided for INDIVIDUAL use only. Please respect copyright (refer to the Copyright Statement in the General instructions for any questions) and do not share, reproduce or otherwise distribute pattern copies. We appreciate your support in this matter.
7. If you want to share your progress with us on Facebook or Instagram, feel free to post on Instagram with the hashtags: #aroadtripquilt and #adventurequiltalong. If you want to tag us, use @tamarainis and @seamslikeadreamquilts.
On Facebook, please post on either of our pages- seamslikeadreamquilts or tamarinis. We would love to see what fabrics you pick and your blocks as we move along!
8. So you don’t miss any of the blog posts or the Facebook Live videos, sign up for our Adventure Quilt Along newsletter. You can find the sign up form on our websites. It will go out every Wednesday morning with a reminder and a link to that week’s blog post.
On my website, I have created a page for the Adventure Quilt and each week I will update the page with links to the current weeks free pattern.
I will also have links on that page to various downloads- the FAQs handout, the General Instructions handout, the color pages (coming next week!) so you don’t have to search thru blog posts to find them again. I will be updating the list of FAQs on my Adventure Quilt page as new questions come in and if we feel it will be helpful to everyone.
Next week we will post the BIG REVEAL of the quilts- Tammy’s version will be in Island Batik Foundation fabrics and my quilt will be in Bella solids from Moda. I love them both!
We will share the images of the quilts and the fabric requirements so you can start to plan your quilt! The quilt uses a bunch of FQs and a background.
And next week there will be a giveaway on Instagram; we are giving away a FQ bundle of the Foundation batiks and a FQ bundle of the Bella Solids. More information next week on how to enter.
But don’t worry if you are not on Instagram, we will be having other giveaways along the way on our blogs with goodies from our sponsors!
See you next week for the big reveal!!!!